The heat is slowly but surely creeping in, and it’s about that time to get your pool ready to take on some cannonballs. If your pool’s been out of service for the past few seasons, it’s time to start prepping for action again. With that, we’ve got some tips to help you start the pool season off the right way.
Inspecting your pool
And we don’t mean just testing the water. Dedicate a good bit of time to inspecting, cleaning, and reconnecting all pool equipment that’s been off duty the previous seasons. You’ll want to ensure they’re working properly for another long summer season. It’s also worth it to hire a professional to come out and inspect certain pieces of equipment, such as your pool filter and pump.
Cleaning your pool
Clear any debris that’s sitting on your water and vacuum the pool’s floor to remove any dirt that’s at the bottom of your pool. Keep in mind, this isn’t a one and done step – it’s recommended to do this at least once a week. While you’re at it, check your pool’s filter to ensure it doesn’t need to be changed.
Checking the surrounding area
Now that you’ve prepared your pool, it’s time to look at the surrounding area! If you have concrete or wooden flooring around the pool, check for any chipping or exposed nails that could be potential hazards. You’ll also want to double-check that your pool area’s fence is in working condition and the gate is able to be secured. And to keep those oasis vibes strong, hose off any dirty chairs or tables so your guests (and you) can sit back and enjoy your at-home pool.
Keeping swimmers safe
With a pool comes great responsibility – like the safety of those who swim in it. When children are among your guests, assign shifts so that there’s an undistracted adult supervising the pool at all times. Ask visitors not to run, to avoid diving, and to stay away from the drain. Where “pool rules” may take you back to your younger days and the lifeguard blowing their whistle at you for running at the neighborhood pool – it’s smart to not only have rules established for your own pool, but make sure everyone who visits knows and follows them. Signing up for a local CPR class is a big recommendation, too!
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the maintenance, try creating a pool cleaning schedule to make sure you don’t miss a beat when keeping your pool nice and clean. Pools are a large undertaking when it comes to care and maintenance. But dedicating the time to keeping up with it is all worth it when you and your loved ones are spending quality time together enjoying it, safely.
To find out if pool-related incidents are covered by your homeowners insurance policy, reach out to your Bamboo Advocate or contact us through the form on our Contact Us page to find out!
Like your car, your home needs regular maintenance throughout the year. As seasons change, so do your home’s maintenance needs. Where it may seem a little daunting to have home to-dos every season, think of it this way – the more upkeep you do, the more money you could save in the long run. That’s why we’ve got 5 starting points for homeowners on spring maintenance for the exterior of the home.
The importance of exterior home maintenance
Let’s go back to the car example. If you don’t conduct regular maintenance checks on your car, you might be dealing with more serious issues in the future that cost an arm and a leg. Well, the same goes for your house. If you aren’t being proactive with seasonal home maintenance, it may result in bigger problems that cost more money.
5 starting points for home exterior maintenance
- Gutters and downspouts: Checking your gutters for clogs may seem like a given, but some homeowners don’t think about also checking the downspouts. These too can get clogged and create serious issues for homeowners. If you’re not thrilled over the thought of climbing up a ladder, there are many local contractors for hire that can help with this task.
- Cracks: Do a perimeter check of your house. Any cracking you see – whether on the driveway, walkways, foundation, or patio – should be filled ASAP. With spring comes rain, and cracks are the perfect spot for rain to seep in and cause damage.
- HVAC unit: As the days get hotter, you’re getting closer to making the move from heat to AC. But get your unit inspected before you take the plunge! Having a certified professional come out and check it could help to prolong the life of your HVAC unit, while also ensuring that it’s completely safe to switch over.
- Roof: Your roof could’ve been damaged this past winter, but you may never know until it’s too late (and very expensive). Having your roof inspected by a professional supports its quality while also potentially avoiding a larger, more costly project in the future.
- Trees & shrubs: One of the best things about spring is watching the plants come back to life. However, if you don’t keep up with where they’re growing back, they could cause damage to your house. Make sure to avoid that potential damage by cutting trees and shrubs back so they’re not in contact with or directly above your house.
If you’re looking for extra protection for your home, click here to start your free homeowner’s insurance quote.
Bamboo Insurance, a multifaceted insurance organization delivering a customer-driven experience through ease and innovation, today announced the launch of its homeowners coverage in Arizona. Not only will they introduce sensible and affordable homeowners coverage options to residents of The Grand Canyon State, but also enhanced underwriting structures, convenient technology, and exceptional support.
Arizona homeowners and agents will experience Bamboo’s reimagined approach to insurance, that includes a commitment to simplicity, transparency, and customer advocacy. Because of its customer-driven methods, unlike other companies, Bamboo doesn’t cut out support resources to save money. Bamboo customers in Arizona will gain access to the organization’s superior support, like its experienced team of insurance advocates and trusted 24/7 claims service.
“The launch of our Arizona product represents an exciting milestone in our expansion outside of California,” said John Chu, Bamboo Founder and CEO. “By leveraging our proprietary underwriting models and easy to use technology platform, we’re able to offer customizable coverage, for the right price, to the Arizona market.”
Since 2018, Bamboo has established a niche for providing reliable, affordable homeowners coverage in disrupted markets. In states like Arizona that are susceptible to extreme weather conditions, finding dependable insurance is becoming increasingly difficult. By leveraging advanced analytics and proprietary underwriting models, Bamboo’s able to offer a refreshing new coverage option for Arizona residents that’s both reliable and affordable.
“When we started Bamboo, the vision was to push the insurance industry forward by providing quality products and coverage to our insureds,” said Jonathan Vitale, Bamboo Co-Founder and Vice President of Sales. “We paired that with a big emphasis on leveraging technology to deliver to our agents an industry-leading quoting platform that is focused on speed, ease of use, and simplicity. We’re thrilled to be able to bring that experience to Arizona.”
Arizona homeowners can start their quote by calling (833) 922-6266. Independent agents can learn more about offering the product by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.